- New shows added this week:
7/16 – Ken Stringfellow DJs Arola Nights @ Arola Restaurant @ Hotel Arts. Barcelona, SPAIN
10/28 – Ken Stringfellow @ Club Castro, Skopje, MACEDONIA
- Ken has joined Twitter – follow his updates @KenStringfellow.
- Magnet asks artists to name their favorite American power pop songs, and Chris Walla (of Death Cab for Cutie) chose “Solar Sister.” Here’s what he had to say:
It’s their finest moment, the perfect balance of bombastic, tricky cheapness and vocal creme fraische. I can’t understand half the words, but it doesn’t seem to matter that much. I learned more about singing harmonies with this record in my car than I did in three years of choir.
- Also in Magnet: ‘Frosting On The Beater’ makes their list of Top 15 American Power-Pop Albums, and they’ve republished a 2002 article on the subject of power pop, with comments from Ken.
- Press for next weekend’s shows in NY: The New Yorker & Ken is interviewed by the Brooklyn blog 24/Seven.
- Not Lame and American Songwriter review ‘Smoking Kills’.
- Lastly – Ken is playing with The Sad Knights in Lauzerte, France tonight, and the show will be streamed online at La Grosse Tambouille, 23h France time.