Magnet.com is running a poll asking readers which album they’re most looking forward to as part of next week’s releases – head over & vote for BLOOD/CANDY!
- New shows added this week:
7/16 – Ken Stringfellow DJs Arola Nights @ Arola Restaurant @ Hotel Arts. Barcelona, SPAIN
10/28 – Ken Stringfellow @ Club Castro, Skopje, MACEDONIA
- Ken has joined Twitter – follow his updates @KenStringfellow.
- Magnet asks artists to name their favorite American power pop songs, and Chris Walla (of Death Cab for Cutie) chose “Solar Sister.” Here’s what he had to say:
It’s their finest moment, the perfect balance of bombastic, tricky cheapness and vocal creme fraische. I can’t understand half the words, but it doesn’t seem to matter that much. I learned more about singing harmonies with this record in my car than I did in three years of choir.
- Also in Magnet: ‘Frosting On The Beater’ makes their list of Top 15 American Power-Pop Albums, and they’ve republished a 2002 article on the subject of power pop, with comments from Ken.
- Press for next weekend’s shows in NY: The New Yorker & Ken is interviewed by the Brooklyn blog 24/Seven.
- Not Lame and American Songwriter review ‘Smoking Kills’.
- Lastly – Ken is playing with The Sad Knights in Lauzerte, France tonight, and the show will be streamed online at La Grosse Tambouille, 23h France time.
The current issue of Magnet magazine (July/August, with Husker Du on the cover) features a two-page article on the Posies’ career (and Ken’s hairstyles over the years). It can be ordered online from Magnet’s website at magnetonline.com.